OpenSFS relies on the real world experience of the open source Lustre community members to provide valuable sessions to LUG attendees. We’re pleased to extend a call for presentations to solicit topics from Lustre users.
The over-arching goal of the conference is to provide a forum for end user sites to share knowledge and experience with their peers. With that in mind, the LUG Program Committee will prioritize abstracts from end users and their organizations
The LUG planning committee is looking for the following submission topics:
- Best practices in deploying, monitoring and operating Lustre
- Case studies/experiences using newer Lustre releases/features
- Non-traditional deployment (for example from members of the business community)
We are also looking for presentations related to specific development challenges, new feature development, project updates, edge-case implementations, and more. We are only interested in development that is freely released to the community.
The abstract submission deadline is February 12, 2016. No submission extensions will be granted.
To submit a presentation abstract:
- Visit the LUG 2016 Call for Participation Submission web site
- You will need to create a user account on Easy Chair (our online submission platform) if you don’t already have one.
- After providing your user details via Easy Chair, you will be prompted to complete the online submission process
- An abstract is only required for the submission process; presentation materials will be requested once abstracts are reviewed and selected
Abstracts should be a minimum of 250 words and should provide a clear description of the planned presentation and its goals. If the presentation describes new development or products then the abstract is required to detail how the development or product will be made available to the Lustre community. Authors must disclose if their presentations are vendor-neutral or promoting a product at abstract submission time.
Promotional presentations are frowned upon. Presentations that are vendor-neutral are strongly preferred. Speaking slots are available for Gold sponsors wishing to present vendor-specific and promotional presentations. Sponsorship details are available on the Sponsor web page.
All LUG presentations will be 30 minutes, with a total of 25 speaking opportunities available. Accepted presentations will be subject to panel review three weeks in advance of LUG 2016.